Thursday, November 10, 2005

Not much to blog about

So, I haven't been much of a blogger lately!! Not too much to blog about. I am still knitting on the same projects.

- Swing coat cardi, needs a little finishing. I barely had enough yarn to finish it. I was so desperate I was looking for the ends I cut off when I wove in my ends. I just BARELY made it. So I need to finish it up and ship it to good ol' Alaskee.

- Handsome hound. I have been working on him. Once I got to the point where all I had left on Swing was some (boring) finishing, I skipped it to create a dog for the CUTEST little boy EVER. Ian is sooooooooooo cute. I am so glad my friend has the cutest baby ever. He is seven months and that has to be one of the cutest under one times. He is all gurgles and coos and screams and raspberries. I LOVE IT! She came and saw me at work yesterday (with a brownie and the baby), it was sweet! So, I finished body side number two of HH and need to knit up the belly and ears. Then seem him up. I am worried, this will be my first big seeming project. But good practice because next to come is...

- Madill Cardi. I got the body of this baby done in no time flat. Then I abandoned it. So sleeves are next on my to knit list. Then some major finishing. Woo-Hoo. I am worried about having enough yarn and am considering my options, like 3/4 sleeves. Hmmmmm!

- Kyle's sweater. I only finished knitting this baby in June. Still the ends are dangling free. There are only like 4 that need to be woven in. So little work, why have I put it off FOREVER. My plan is to do some major finishing this weekend. Kyle will be out of town so I can bust a move on these projects. Actually, he could probably wear it this weekend... I just don't think it can be dried and washed soon enough. He leaves tomorrow.

I have been toying around with the idea of designing a few patterns of my own. Actually, I have a bag pattern in the works. But I am also interested in some sweaters. I have become unnaturally obsessed with knitting and start deconstructing sweaters when I see people wearing them. I have also become mildly obsessed with sewing and have made a few different bags. Sorry no pics. Maybe in the future.

Work sucks, weather is getting sucky, and I am tired ALL the time. I want school to be over. I want to sit and knit ALL the time. What am I to do?? Oh well, off to meet Kyle for lunch at good ol' Red Robin, a fave of ours.

No comments: