Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sweater Progress

Here is my progress so far, the sweater is coming along nicely. I need to have Kyle try it on. I am concerned with the length but figure if it is too short (it probably will be if I can't get rid of the roll) I will pick up and knit a ribbed edge on the bottom. The first picture is when I had very little progress done but had Kyle try it on anyways. I then proceeded to try it on as a mini skirt.


Kyle wearing the sweater when it was still quite young. Posted by Hello

(sorry it's sideways)



Here it is in it's state today, the front is done. I need to finish the back and then the arms (the only part of the whole pattern that will require any thought - I have to do some decreasing) This is probably the simplest sweater pattern available. That is what drew me to it in the first place, I figured I needed simplicity to make any kind of progress. And on the complete opposite end of the spectrum is the cabled jacket I saw last night in Loop-D-Loop last night that I must make!! I'll be making that the next book I add to my collection.

The front is done and the back is 20% done. Posted by Hello



another view Posted by Hello

I decided to bust on the self timer and take some HOT pictures of me in the sweater. It is huge as can be seen here. If I want to head back to the days of my mom in high school this would be a dress. A frightening thought, that is too much thigh!! This would make a sweet halter type dress (as seen in the side view picture). Maybe that should be my next project.

Front view of sweater on me Posted by Hello

As you can see, I tucked the skein into the back of my t-shirt, then forgot it was there when I took off my masterpiece. What an ordeal. I'm not trying this thing on again until its complete!

Side View Posted by Hello

And finally a shot of what this sweater will do to whoever wears it. While knitting it leaves lint all over my lap, I end up looking very unkempt (or just more so than normal). Kyle won't be able to take the sweater off if he ever does wear it. I think I will attach a lint roller to the arm for any touch ups your outfit may require.

This sweater leaves a lot of lint behind Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're so close to finishing your first sweater. What a gratifyingly long blog...I like to think it was because of my birthday that you did such a good blog. The sweater looks great. Do you already own the book you mentioned? I wanted to try to see the picture. And next time rotate the pic of kyle before posting.