Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Teagan's Tutu

We'll see if she wears it, but it turned out really cute. The entire outfit is from this Monica pattern from knitty. I really liked the whole thing and had to make it. Lucky for me I had this yarn that I thought would be perfect. I did make a couple of small changes, I knit the whole thing in the round, I criss-crossed my arm straps, and my arm straps are i-cords that I made from one side and then kitchener stitched together at the back.



I think my straps may be too long and Teagan may give a peep show if she wears this. That may need to be adjusted when I get to Alaska and give it to her. Also, my shape seems off, the top seems wider and shorter then it should be. I have a few ends left to weave in and then I will run it through the washer. At that point I may try to stretch and alter that shape. Again, we'll see.

I am done with school for a few months... Yea!! So maybe I will have a little more free time to blog, and knit, and sew, and craft in general. I have some household sewing to do, I need to finish hemming my curtains. I also have lots of house projects to work on... Home ownership really seems to be what everyone keeps telling me... never ending!!



Also, I have designed a pattern and am working on knitting it up right now. The completed item is a (belated) birthday gift for my sister. I am considering submitting the pattern to knitty or magknits. I will probably have to find someone to test knit the pattern, I figure if I head down to my lys, I should find somebody.

I guess that covers it for now. Main project I intend to work on this summer (especially while in Alaska) is the Cabled Riding Jacket. I am really motivated to finish it. This will be it's third trip to Alaska as an in progress item. That is pretty funny. I got pretty far last time I was there (last August) and the entire front is done. I have not sewn the shoulder seams. I kept struggling with that and bound off, tore that out because I decided to kitchener stitch the seams and then bound off again. I could not decide. So sleeves, collar, and some finishing is all I need. Maybe by the end of the summer. Right now it is a fantastic, sleeveless vest. HOT!

No comments: