Sunday, August 03, 2008

Needles

No, not the kind that poked Lowan's poor fat thigh on Thursday three time for vaccinations.



Or the one that poked me at least 20 times in my legs the Thursday before that for the removal and closure of my varicose veins.



But the kind you knit with. Those that are metal, or plastic, or wood. The long ones. Those needles, they are making me mad. It has been a long time since I've knit something on anything other than circular or double point needles. And last night I cast on a new project on some straight needles. I make most things on circular, I like a short needle that fits my hand. I don't like the long straight needles that get heavy with stitches. But I did not feel like digging through my circs and looking for the right size. So onto the straight needles the sweater went. Oh yeah, I'm making a sweater for Lowan. A little cute brown and cream number called Baby Yoda. Kyle really liked the pattern. I do have to say, after the past 10" of knitting I've done, the straights are not as bad as they were at the beginning. But I'll still choose the other two types of needles first.



So this sweater is pretty cute and basic and it's flying along. I'd say I'm 80% done with the back and I cast on last night at about 8pm. Of course I'll have a little less time to knit during the week. And I really should try to finish up before school starts, because then my time really will be eaten up by life. And I do plan to finish the cabled riding jacket, it is so close. I just have to finish the collar, also about 80% there and then sew it to the jacket.



This winter Lowan and I can both wear our sweaters!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Those pictures of you and Kyle with Lowan are the best. He looks so big in the last one, reaching for the camera with those long, triple jointed fingers. What a cutie! And I can't believe you included that picture of me crawling after Aidan, with Teagan behind me in your collage. Whateva! You did blog a bunch. Crazy!