Saturday, December 20, 2008

And I am DONE!

The end came and passed so quickly. I took this whole week off from work to study for the last four finals. I studied some but mostly enjoyed a week home with Lowan and Kyle.

I checked a book out from the library on Saturday (a novel and a couple of knitting books - but the novel is the book I'm referring to) and really shouldn't have because I couldn't put it down. I got into it and then I just wanted to read it. It got so bad when I was right near the end that I picked up my textbook and opened it to the middle somewhere, then I opened the novel and lay it inside the textbook, so Kyle would think I was studying. I mean, what am I, in high school? But he would have yelled at me for not focusing on school. Tara will probably also have something to say about this.

I really lost a lot of my oomph this semester. I mean, it was my last one, I had a baby, I have the job, my grades have been good. So... I was focused on passing and that was all. I didn't feel like I needed lots of A's or to bust my butt, especially for the classes I didn't really like (one management one and one terrible accounting class, that I didn't even want to take - but that is all another (long) story!) and I did fine. A's and B's all around. I hope at least, the class I was most concerned with I have a 79.75% in, so if he doesn't give me a B I'll be surprised, I mean, who doesn't round up. But there are those teachers who don't. But I don't really care, the C is fine, because I feel like I did C work when it came to the tests, I worked harder on the projects and paper.

So, some knitting news. I have frogged the brioche hat. It had too many mistakes and whenever Kyle wore it, they stuck out at me yelling at me for my poor knitting. It was too big - around his head and too long. It was knit somewhat loosely, and the yarn was snagging. So I am re-knitting it into a new hat. A more basic, quick, done in a weekend kind of number. I think Kyle will like it equally. All I know is, that brioche sweater I love so much - I don't think so. I just don't think I can fix my mistakes when I make them, and I can't stand to have mistakes. Especially big glaring ones that won't leave me alone.

I should go, Lowan is all over the place and needs some breakfast. He is moving like crazy - not really crawling yet, but scooting quite well. Who needs to crawl, when this works just fine. And like many kids, he sees the only thing he shouldn't have and then he's right for it like a bullet. What will I do when he gets REALLY fast?

No comments: