Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Crafts-a-comin'

The semester is about a third to half way done (I'm not so sure where we are) and I've got some crafting on the brain. I've been working on a yarn order for awhile. I just can't decide what exactly I want. So here are the projects I'd like to bang out this winter:



I know I've already mentioned Versatility. But I still love it. I am leaning towards using Cadena in grey (mist). Tara's is coming along. She is nearly done and I'm so excited to see it.


I also need a new hat for me. And I've been in love with this pattern for awhile. It is Koolhaas from Interweave Knits a few issues ago. I'm pretty sure I have the pattern, I'll just have to look. This I'm envisioning in Wool of the Andes in the kettle dyed brown (Auburn Kettle).

I've also wanted to try this yarn out. So I'm thinking of getting a ball in their clearance color and making Teagan some mittens. Just went to link and the clearance color is gone. So now I have to decide if I want to try it out at full price... Hmmmm.



Finally, I want to make this cutie for Lowan. His name is Sheldon and his shell comes off. I am thinking in green and brown. I am debating between the yarn used in the picture or some other stuff I really want to try, this yarn here. It is a sock yarn, but has a cool look and has some elastic in it, which is kind of nice.

Alright, enough dreaming, time to get my but in gear, eat breakfast and get ready for work. Oh, and take care of my child.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

I love that Sheldon and the pattern on the hat is very interesting as well! I finished the long scarf at work but now it is sitting on a shelf until it gets cold. I have a pair of slipper socks 25% done, half of one sock ;) and it's not coming very quickly.

But I've got babyproofing to do in scads right now so probably no big knitting or sewing for a few days -- well maybe a little sewing.

The highchair works great! When did your niece start walking and doing all this stuff?