Friday, February 06, 2009

Dropped!!

Lowan is having a little sleep in, he has not woke up yet and it is 6:40. He's usually up about 6am. But now that I've begun typing, he will wake up right away and I won't get to say what I've come to say, which is...

I dropped a stitch. Then I went on merrily knitting on koolhaas and finished it up. I even noticed I was a stitch short, but as I have been doing many decrease rows, I just assumed I accidentally decreased too much at some point. I didn't even investigate. Then I wore the hat. Several times in fact. It had been transplanted into my car for early morning cold head fighting.



Then yesterday, for some reason on my car ride home, I decided to turn it inside out. First thing I noticed was I had not woven in my ends yet. That was funny. I have been wearing it with the ends shoved up inside. No idea this was going on. (Having a baby has made my memory crap) Then I saw this funny loose area and began investigating. I had dropped a stitch and it had run down about 5 or 6 rows. It stopped because it met a cable crossover. And it could have continued to run, but this slowed things down. So at every stop light, I worked the yarn back up the row. I'm pretty good at needle-less knitting I guess. Then I used one of those silly loose ends dangling inside the hat to tie the stitch off until I could get it inside and finish it off permanently.

So, this is a first for me. In all my knit projects. In all my knitting years (not that many - I guess about 5 now). I've never dropped a stitch and continued on my merry way. I have dropped stitches and been instantly aware and fixed them promptly. But this my knitting friends was a first for me. It could have been koolhaas with a steek had I not found the little buger.



On the house front, we are looking good.

Sewer inspection... "Cherry." Yes, that is what the inspector said. And we have a DVD to prove it. It's every girls dream, a DVD of their pooper pipe (you can get a personal version after a colonoscopy, right. Ha-Ha).

Roof inspection... good. Minor stuff, like the vents and flashing need to be replaced. But total cost is less than $300.

Home inspection... pretty good. There are a few things. The biggest of which is the fence, but we knew that . And there is some shower issues. But hopefully the shower issues can be attributed to termite repairs because the bank is fixing up to $1500 worth of termite repairs. We have not received that inspection because the bank is doing it.

So we may be moving in about a month. And if anyone doesn't know - there is currently a first time home buyers tax credit (that is really kind of a loan) for anyone who buys a house by 7/1/09 for $7500. But there is new legislature that may be passed for a $15,000 credit (not a loan) for anyone who buys a house this year. So hopefully it will pass. And if not, hopefully the loan will be changed to just a credit - which is also on the docket of stuff.

So the baby is still asleep. I guess I'll go get dressed now.

No comments: