Saturday, January 31, 2009

Night Out

It feels like it takes too much to go out nowadays. The arrival of a baby has changed so much. It has changed my bedtime to the very early 9ish. It has made the leaving of the house always require lots of stuff - diapers, food, change of clothes, toys, whatnot. And it has created the requirement of a babysitter.

So tonight Kyle has a show at a local brewpub. This is my favorite location for a show. Not a club or bar that is all dark and getting hit on, but good food and stuff to do other than JUST watch the music. I'm not a huge music fan, I like it for the background, but don't want to stare at a band play for three hours and do nothing else. I know I am not a very supportive musicians wife, but I try.

My mom will be coming over to watch Lowan who is already in bed. But things have felt hard to make work tonight and I just want to be in my pajamas already. I bet I'm home and asleep by 10:30. But I won't try to make that happen, we'll just have to wait and see.

I still need to take pictures.

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

When he starts walking your bedtime may well end up at 10 or 12 because he just won't ever sleep :) except of course at 12 in the afternoon when you are making dinner and doing laundry and can't lay down yourself ;)

Enjoy your nights out and having a wonderful babysitter!

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. I am the same way. My idea of a date is June sleeping and us on the couch. I hope someday that changes. :)