Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I feel like YUCK!

It was supposed to be a good weekend. The baby shower was on Saturday. But Thursday night, I knew I was getting sick. I could feel it. Kyle said to pretend it was not coming on and maybe it would not happen. But I know my body pretty well. So I took it easy on Friday (which is pretty easy since I don't work on Friday's).

Saturday morning I went to help my mom prep food for the shower. But I was no help at all, I could barely stand up for more than 10 or 15 minutes before I felt weak.

On to the shower, I felt better for a while. Stayed on my butt as much as possible, which is easy to do since I'm pregnant. But by the time it was over I was ready to go. I had to wait around while clean up took place because I did not drive there. So I was home by about 5pm and into pajamas within minutes. Straight into bed. There I stayed for the rest of the... um... three days. Okay not really, but I've mostly been in bed or on the couch since Saturday night until now. I did have to go into work this morning for about an hour this morning for something that had to be done today. I have been feeling better today... mostly just a hacking cough and head congestion. At least the chills, sweats, and fever have gone away. Kyle bought me some cough syrup for me to take last night so we could hopefully both get a decent night of sleep. He was concerned because today was his first day back at work. He just called and said he is pretty sure he is getting sick. Poor guy, he just started back and he already hates to take time off. But if he feels even 1/2 as bad as I did, there is no way he can go to work.

So enough about being sick... it is really not that interesting anyways.

My friends and family were all so very generous for the baby shower. We got all sorts of things we needed. A stroller, a car seat, bedding, towels, washcloths, diapers, a bouncy seat. All sorts of things, I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of it. Unfortunately I barley remember what everything is after opening it and then taking to bed. I haven't really had a chance to look back over what we got. All I know is I am one lucky mama with one very lucky little baby on the way.

I'll probably be back to work tomorrow, but don't know how long I'll last. I'll try to add some pictures later. I don't have the energy now.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Sucks to be sick. Especially when prego. I hope you're all better soon. I'm getting ready to go for a walk, so hopefully a big truck won't drive by and splash me with muddy, melty water.

RheLynn said...

Ugh agreed take it easy you are getting to the point where everything will be much harder, even when you feel great. Glad your baby shower was still great even though you didn't feel so.