Thursday, February 07, 2008

Things can change on a dime...

Last time things were not going well, and then everything changed again.



I was told my car was not going to be covered under the warranty so I picked up my dad, we called an independent mechanic and stormed into Toyota to find out what the issue was. About an hour later they called back to say that it now would be covered. I think they may deny as many claims as they think they can get away with and see how many people just take the first answer. I was mad, they claimed I over revved my engine and this is what broke it. So anyways, I should have my car back tomorrow.

Then Kyle was offered a job today. It is with the same company, they are just reorganizing... maybe under a different name. I'm not really too sure, but he will be managing the company. He is excited and will probably be getting back to work in a couple of weeks. I guess he just got an extended vacation at half pay. The nice thing is they already told him there would be no lapse in our health insurance. Very good to know, since this is probably what had me most concerned!!

All is looking well. Including the brioche hat I am knitting for Kyle. I had lots of issues getting this bugger cast on. But finally moved forward, as some people on Raverly said that the cast on looked funny until they worked a few rows. I did drop a stitch and had no idea how to pick it up in Brioche cast on pattern so there is a funky spot where it looks like there is no black row between the green rows. Or like two green rows grow from one stitch. Anyways, I had Kyle inspect the mistake to make sure he would still wear the hat. He said it was fine. I even had him try on the half inch I've knit so far. I really like working brioche stitch, but it is slow. Essentially you knit every row (or in this case, round) two times. So it takes twice as long to make, what I would consider, normal progress. Plus the yarn overs and knitting/purling two together slow things down. But no complaining, I like the look. There was also lots of issues with the decrease rounds, so we'll see how that goes for me when I get there. It won't be for another 8.5 inches, so maybe next year sometime!



Here is the brioche scarf that I also began. FAster then the hat since it is only one color. But I don't think I like the yarn for this. I'm still pondering!

3 comments:

RheLynn said...

Yay Dad! Give 'em what for!
So glad things are looking up - I was hoping all good things for you after your last post!

Tara said...

Girl, you big! But at least you're pretty much losing weight :) I love the scarf. So pretty. I love the hat, too. Sigh. I wish I had time to knit. I'm barely keeping up with the blog. Check it out. You'll love seeing some old Teagan pics!

Unknown said...

That hat is COOL!