Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Almost Better

But still feeling lazy. I've got this nagging cough left behind from being sick but am feeling almost 100%. I only have five weeks left in the pregnancy and can't believe there will be a little baby here so soon. Kyle is very excited (so am I, but he is so cute about it).



Here are Kyle and I at the baby shower. He stopped by towards the end after spending the day gold panning. I barely got to enjoy my cake. I've had a few pieces since the shower, but was still sick that I could not taste it entirely. I think I need to get another cake to enjoy now that I'm feeling better.

I have not done hardly anything crafty, which has me a little sad. I've been busy with work and doctor appointments. My doctors office is far away, probably 20 miles or so. And the appointments have been a little longer than they were in the past. Today I had to go get a third ultrasound to make sure the baby is on track size wise because I haven't gained a whole lot of weight. The technician said everything looked fine. But the appointment took me three hours with driving time, waiting time, and an hour of ultrasound time. That is just ridiculous. What a waste of a good part of a day. And Wednesdays are always harder because I work both morning and then back in for a few hours in the evening. So I like to get some time at home in between, but not much today.



So here is the hat I knit for the baby. The one that turned out to be a little too big. It has a Charlie Brown type zig zag stripe as requested by Kyle. I started a sweater also, but don't know how excited I am about the pattern. Mostly because I need to mix up the colors (I don't have enough of the brown (same yarn as hat)) and am having a really hard time thinking of ways to mix in the second color with the set up of the pattern.

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

You look great, even though you didn't feel so much at the time of the pic :) And yes you are so close! Check your post office box *wink* ;) Hope you still have it, maybe I should have asked first!

Tara said...

That hat is cute. You don't look all that big in that picture. Post a new one, I'll bet you look bigger now :)