Monday, April 21, 2008

Our New Toy

No, it's not the baby. But the Shasta Travel Trailer we just bought.

We're both really excited. I promised more camping trips to Kyle if we got a trailer. I'm not the biggest fan of sleeping on the ground and this will be much more comfortable. I also would say I am pretty apprehensive about camping with a baby, so this solves all our problems.



Here is the outside.


And this is inside towards the front. Full stove and oven, sink that can either work off of a water tank (that currently leaks) or a hose can be attached from the outside. Drawers and shelves.



This is towards the back. There are couches like this on both sides and they pull out towards the middle and make one big bed. Then along the top, hammocks can be hung. They will sleep another two (small) people. Neither Kyle or I will ever sleep up there, but Lowan can when he gets older. For now, he'll just sleep with us. The table is laying on the floor, it can either be set up for use indoors between the couches (about like it is laying) or outside off the side of the trailer.



Lowan is doing really well. He is eating and sleeping much of the time. But the really exciting stuff is his alert, awake times. He smiled at me on Saturday in response to me talking to him. It felt different then his smiles when he is sleeping or just content. I don't know though, it may still be too early for a "real" smile. But it sure felt real.



He is such a joy and makes me very happy. I think we are taking the train to Sacramento to see Kyle's mom this weekend. This also seems like a lot of fun.



Lowan had a busy week last week with my sister in town. We went to the park for the first time. We went to the river to meet with Kyle while he was gold panning. Then this weekend, Kyle and I went to an Earth Day event with Lowan at Intermountain Nursery. Lowan gets around for a little 3 week old.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That trailer is flippin' cool!!!
Now I want one.

We did a lot of camping with June her first year and had luck with it. I hope you do too.

Tara said...

That is just like ours! It's so cute, and the stove and ice box look exactly the same as ours! How funny. Ours is just a little bigger I think, but not much. How fun. And Lowan is cute, too :)