Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Change


He is changing so fast. It makes me sad and excited at the same time. I love that Lowan is becoming more alert and aware. But where is that tiny newborn who barely opened his eyes and slept ALL the time. The little boy who loved to be wrapped up so tight like a burrito. Now he stretches and I can't believe how long he is. Now he likes to be alone in his crib or on his mat and play and coo to himself. He even got fussy when I picked him up, so back into his crib he went where he was so happy by himself for another half hour. It makes me ache that he is already so happy on his own. What does the future hold??

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

Oh my. I guess that kind of change would make me sad some too. Esme has always been just the opposite since the day she was born. She wants mommy or daddy in sight (used to be in touch) and gets upset to be alone unless she is tired or something is really interesting (like a soft blanket to coo and chew on) I can't say I've had her cry ONCE at being picked up when she was doing something else... always glad to have someone to talk to kind of baby. It might be a good thing Lowan is independent now because Mark sometimes says he is worried Esme isn't and wonders when she ever will be...