Saturday, May 03, 2008

Knitting and a Bottle

I think I am going to pull out the cabled riding jacket and get back to work on it today. Kyle is gone camping this weekend so I'll have some free time during Lowan's naps. Not that I don't have free time during the week during nap time, but I've been itching to get some knitting done. I need to finish one sleeve and knit the collar. Then I need to seam everything up.

Sad news on the Tilted Duster front. I finally gave up on being able to wear it and gave it to my sister when she was here a couple of weeks ago. It was a lot of work and a lot of money spent on yarn that I did not want to let go of, but she really liked it and it shrank down to her size. I was sad, but would rather someone where it then it sit in my drawer.

Lowan had his first bottle on Thursday night.



I was prepping him for his first baby-sitting experience with my mom last night. It didn't happen. I was supposed to go out with some friends for her birthday. They called at 10pm as they were heading out and I was to tired to go out so late. I'd sent my mom home at about 9:30. I like to get my night started by 8 so I can be home and in bed my 11pm. So sad. But this is not baby related, I've always been this way.

So I pumped for the first time on Thursday, fascinating stuff!! I was amazed at how this whole pumping thing works, I have a madela electric pump and the thing is efficient. I won't describe the whole pumping process, but it was pretty cool. Then Kyle gave Lowan a bottle Thursday night, we wanted to make sure he'd drink it while I was home as opposed to while I'm gone and he gets very upset at no food. He took it fine, drinking about 2.5 ounces.



Here is his face afterwards, pretty funny.

So anyways, he was never left alone last night. It is fine, I was really sad to have him drink from a bottle. Up to now, he had only been fed directly from and by me. I was happy for Kyle to get to bond with him in that way, but don't know if I was entirely ready for the change. So he probably won't get another bottle for awhile, but it is nice to be moving along that path.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so freaked out by the pump - there they were - my boobs - being manipulated by suction and held in these plastic cups. So flippin' weird and I tried not to envision cows being pumped for milk. The first time I stopped at 2 ounces.

At my best, since I was a daily pumper, I'd get ten ounces of milk. And once twelve!

I am really enjoying these posts of yours. Lowan looks beautiful, and you seem so happy.

Good luck with the knitting project!

(I'm starting to feel like I actually know you at this point. Weird!)