Monday, June 09, 2008

Diapers

Here Lowan is modeling his BumGenius diaper.

I guess it has been so long since I've posted, I have a lot to say.


Lowan and I spent some time weeding in the backyard. He is such a good little boy!!

I did decide on diapers and we went with the bum genius. And Lowan is on day three of nothing but cloth diapers. So far so good. I am really happy with them and feel so good about the reduced waste I am creating.


This is our little baby Elvis look-a-like. He even has the lip curl down when he is awake.

I had some diaper rash concerns because you can't use diaper rash creams with the cloth diapers, it affects their absorbency. And he has had some rashy times. But it has not seemed to be a problem so far with the cloth. If he gets a rash, I will probably put him in disposables until it heals. The other thing you can do is put a liner in the diaper. That way the cream gets on the liner and not on the diaper.


I don't know what is up, this picture is rotated. But it keeps uploading this way.

We did have one leak yesterday, but I had leaks with disposable every now and then as well. He doesn't leak out overnight (but it seems like he doesn't pee that much overnight either). And we have kept all poop contained. So for anyone who is interested, I would recommend these very much (at least so far). Washing them doesn't really seem to be an issue either, and I'm finding this decision to be very satisfying!



The diapers were not cheap, but I figure they will pay for themselves in about six months. Plus I bought the style that are sizable and will grow with Lowan. So this should be the only set I use until I potty train him. Plus, it is said that cloth diaper babies potty train earlier and easier then disposable diapered babies. That we will not know for quite awhile!


Lowan is hanging out with Kyle. This is a boomerang Kyle bought to hang in his (Lowan's) bedroom.

No comments: