Tuesday, January 13, 2009

At the park and some knitting

Knitting First:

Here is the reworked brioche hat. I was never happy with it. So much so that when Kyle would wear it in public, I would take it off his head and put it in my pocket or purse. So I tore it out and whipped up this, Turn a Square. I really like it. A LOT! So does he.


Then I've started Koolhaas Hat for me. Kyle is just my model. It is slow going, but looking really nice. I look forward to completion. But it probably won't come before the end of winter.


I also envision some matching mittens or fingerless gloves.


We went to the park because it was so nice on Sunday. Lowan's first swing and slide ride.

We had a really good time, the sun was out, it was warm. Lowan enjoyed the swing. He was a little iffy about the slide. But the best part was sitting in the grass plucking pieces up and handing them to Kyle.


Lowan is standing really well now. He still doesn't really crawl, just belly scooting. But he can move fast, really fast. He sees stuff across the room and hauls butt over, then shoves it in his mouth. We are always fishing little pieces of stuff out of his mouth. Leaves, a foil ball, food left over from a meal. I don't know where he finds some of the stuff. And he gets into a lot more areas then he used to, so where he spent most of his time, there wasn't much to find. But now that Lowan is heading to un-explored parts of the house, there is all kinds of new stuff.


It was a really nice weekend, Lowan and I hung out some on the couch after he had a nap. He was being sweet and laying on me so I told kyle to get the camera and take some pictures. But as soon as the camera came out, Lowan began acting silly.


I love this picture of Lowan, making that funny face. He was just sitting on the couch hanging out with Kyle. It looks a little like Kyle just woke up, not sure what that is all about.


Things have been hectic and busy with our lives. We didn't get the house we put an offer on, we pulled out because they wouldn't meet our demands. It was disappointing, but we will find something that doesn't need as many repairs and doesn't have a pool. That pool was plaguing me because of the cost and work it was going to take to fill it in.

The hunt continues. I've got to go, it's been a long day with lots of time on the computer. I just don't have the computer desire in me when I get home these days. I think I'll read or knit.

1 comment:

shara said...

I am so glad you didn't disappear permanently!

What a lovely fam! I don't knit, but I do crotchet... We can still hang out cyberly, right? :-)

Congrats again on the GRAD!