Monday, January 26, 2009

Head Full

I've finished another hat, Koolhaas. Fabulous!!

I have very nearly finished the long awaited Cabled Riding Jacket. Amazing!

I've been inspired by GaysKnits to whip up some mitts. Exciting!

And I'm going to try to finish Kyle's sweater, from so long ago. It was already finished once, but not quite long enough for him.



It's been another busy, too short weekend and then back to work. But I don't miss school. I don't miss homework. I enjoy my time at home being just that. There are things to do, housework, taking care of Lowan, normal daily whatnot. But there is not homework or reading (unless for pleasure). Work is going well, things are starting to pick up as tax season gets under way. I have finished a few tax returns and feel really excited about all that I will have to do over the next couple of months.

Last night we had a great dinner: lumpia (which is like a Phillipino egg roll), cabbage salad, and then cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crust for dessert. I don't make my lumpia with ground beef like the recipe calls for, we use tofu and lots of veggies. They were really tasty, especially since Kyle did the deep frying, which I hate. And the cheesecake turned out delish!! I used my new, fancy silicone spring form pan. It worked great!


These new faces Lowan makes are so funny!

We are still having house issues. We pulled out of escrow on the last house and have a new offer pending. But the bank is kind of jerking us around which is frustrating. Hopefully we find out tomorrow if we are moving forward. Then we will get the inspections done this week. Fingers crossed.

Okay... I'm off, I want to snuggle up in bed with some tea and cheesecake and watch some tv while it is quite before Kyle gets home from band practice.



I promise, I'll have some pictures soon (of the knitting), but for right now, how about a cute one of Lowan. I can't help but share pictures of him!! I couldn't add just one. So here are a few of the most recent cuties.

2 comments:

shara said...

He is so cute! I can totally understand why you have pics of him up here!

And, ahh- personal reading instead of required reading- how wonderful is that!

Pass some cheesecake over here!

RheLynn said...

He is standing so well already! I can't believe it but yes it has already been eight months! Before you know it he will be walking and running and talking :) so yes enjoy it while it lasts