Sunday, June 19, 2005

Alaska is great!!

I have been sooo productive knit wise while here. Much to my sisters annoyance. She would rather have me tending to her children so she can pursue her hobbies. Selfish girl. I'm on vacation, I've no time for children, only knitting and reading. I read the Shop on Blossom Street, a cute book about 4 women taking a knitting class. I'm all about all things knit.

I made a pair of felted slippers. I ran them through 2 cycles in the wash and want to send them through one more time for optimal felting. They are thick and luxurious, I can't wait to wear them. Alas, I will be heading back to Fresno soon where it will be unbearably hot and slippers will be the last thing I want to wear.

I also made a little hand bag with the Andean Silk yarn mentioned in the previous post. I plan to add pictures once home, I don't have the proper programs on my sisters computer. The bag is the prettiest shades of green and orange, my favorite colors. (But then I have so many fave's) I love this yarn it is soft and fabulous to knit with. If I get some acrylic after this I'll be sadly disappointed. As it runs through my fingers it won't be near as pleasant as the silk/alpaca yarn is.

I've been anxious to start a new project but don't really know what to make and don't have many sets of needles with me so I am at a loss. I will try to head to some yarn stores tomorrow (fingers crossed that they are open) and see what I can find. I won't have the kids with me so I'm free!! It will be nice.

Off I must go.

P.S. Those brown with pink stripe mittens will come about as soon as the yarn store gets my pink back-ordered yarn in stock. I checked on it on the Wed. I left for Alaska, I've had it on order now for, ummmm.... 2-3 months. Urgh!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I take complete offense to the comments about me and my kids. I didn't make you take care of them. So mean!! Tick-tick-tick-tick (you know what I mean).