Monday, June 06, 2005

The Sweater is Complete!!

YEAH!! The sweater is done (all except for weaving in some ends. Yuck) and possible picking up the bottom and extending it a little bit. I need to block it to see if I can eliminate the roll. If not I will have to add a little to the bottom. Kyle does not like the roll. But he does love the sweater. And I finished it just in time for his birthday. It was done last night and today is his b-day. Unfortunatley he won't be wearing this bad boy any time soon. I am so excited to have completed my first sweater. And the best part is I have enough of this yarn left to make myself a matching sweater as well. We will be the cutest couple around!! I'm leaving for Alaska on Wed. maybe I should take the sweater with me for those chilly nights.


Front View Posted by Hello



Front View Two Posted by Hello


Back View Posted by Hello


Side View Posted by Hello

Next project: I am going to make myself a pair of felted slippers with some birthday yarn. (My birthday was two weeks ago). I stumbled across a great website (http://knitpicks.com/) and ordered some yarn with some of my birthday money. I like the yarn, the colors were not entirely what I was expecting, but it should be fine. I bought some Wool of the Andes (http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420103) for the slippers and some Andean Silk and Andean Silk Twist (http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420126) to maybe make a bag. It is really pretty, soft and silky. I really like it. It is not as cheap as the Wool of the Andes, so it is not as great of a buy.

Off I must go... Rhiannon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cheap yarn looks awesome!! I love the heart in Kyle's armpit. It's like your signature on a work of art!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful. I wouldn't even guess that the yarn is cheap.