Thursday, June 23, 2005

BIG SLIPPERS

Here are the felted slippers (pre-Felting) They are quite monstrous. Kyle tried what I had completed before I left for Alaska and they fit his (HUGE) feet. He wears a size 13. I wear a men's 8. These are supposed to shrink down to fit my feet. I have to admit I was a little skeptical but after 2 cycles they are very nearly there. Sorry Kyle, I guess you won't get them anyways. I told him that he could have them if they did not shrink. I asked him if he would like his own pair. And him being the skeptical little man he is, he said I'd like to see yours completed before I commit to getting a pair of my own. I know he doesn't want me to spend the time making them and have them be horrible because he knows he better wear them if he wants me to marry him. I will add pictures later of the finished product. They are thick and fantastic. I think I already said that. Just goes to show how thick and fantastic they really are. And they are quite easy to make, a pretty quick knit. And since I found the really cheap yarn I made these bad boys for $8.95! That is an amazing price for yarn. I just bought (for the faint of heart don't read this part) one skein for $20 in Alaska. It is not a very big skein either. Tara made me feel guilty about it and I kept telling her to stop because I knew I shouldn't have bought it. Kyle will probably yell at me for it.

Kyle keeps telling me he loves that I am knitting and I really think it is because he likes that I have a hobby to spend my money on because I give him less grief for all the money he spends on his like sixty hobbies. He has however cut back and is working more. Kind of ironic, when he had the time, he did not have the money and now that he has the money, he doesn't have the time. I guess that is how it always works.


Pair of slippers Posted by Hello


slipper Posted by Hello


Side view of slipper Posted by Hello

I love these two pictures (the one above and the one below). They are great examples of how huge these slippers are. And now they nearly fit. Fantastic!!


Big Slippers Posted by Hello

No comments: