Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wow - I'm to the armpits

What a funny title, but YEA!! I tried the bad boy cabled riding coat on even. Spent 10 min. taking it off the needles. Another 10 using safety pins to close it around my body. But look at it. It looks great. AND all my worries about it not fitting are seeming silly. It is a little snug, but if I lose any of the weight I would like to, it will fit great. Right now it looks like a big cabled corset.

I don't know what came over me... it is supposed to 105 degrees today. Why would I wrap myself in 100% wool?? I must have been desperate to see how it would look. I am inside with the AC running. I was just hanging out, avoiding thinking about work (I need to go soon), watching Elizabethtown (which I am half way through), and knitting. When I reached the all important front and back divide. I can't believe I am already here. I did not knit at all for about one week and then only knit about 2 rows for the whole week before that. Then all of a sudden, I got into it again and have been knitting about 6 rows a night for the past few evenings. And here I am, the bias effect in full force and working well. I am even MORE excited now that I have tried on the sweater. Even though if I am very dedicated and finish this in, say, one month, I still won't be able to wear it for another four at least. I HATE THE HEAT!!

I'm ready for Alaska... I think I will buy a ticket no matter the cost right NOW. Okay, not really. But I wish. Okay, I must be off. Finish lunch and head to work... maybe. ;)

I just worked up the picture, I had to really mess with the color and lightness to show off the cable work. But I think it looks okay. I decided to take my picture in the bathroom to show off my new shower curtain. I also got a matching bath mat. Check out my meter to the left, I am updating it as well!

I forgot... someone (Nikki High) posted a comment asking for my excel file. I would be happy to share it with you, email me (rhiannknits at yahoo dot com) or post your email address and I will send it to you!! I am not sure how to post files other than picture on the blog. Sorry!

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

Yay for your progress! It really is looking great (bright colours on your curtain - great to wake up with in the morning?) ;o)

You are very brave donning wool in the heat - even for a try on!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhiann

Your sweater looks awesome. I sent you an e-mail but just in case you dont get it my e-mail address is nhigh@scsca.com or portnhi@aol.com for the chart.

Way to go on the sweater

Nikki