Friday, June 30, 2006

Lots of new toys!!

So I could not bring myself to buy the $1,600 plane tickets (total for both) to Alaska. It was just too much. So Kyle and I decided to look into what we could find for a week in a timeshare at the last minute. And we found that we could go to Arizona. So we will be off for a little over a week to Sedona AZ in the middle of July.

I was feeling good about the huge amount of money and decided to make a large purchase that I have been pondering for awhile. So here is my new goody:

A fantabulous laptop. I got it yesterday and have been busy loading the programs I need. Next I want to set up the house as wireless. It is just too much to have to be plugged in if I don't have to. I am already all hooked up at work...except the printer. I'll have to work on that.

Then there is my next goodie. This shipped today and was a huge splurge. But I am EXCITED!! This is a fantastic new digital camera for me. So I am kind of using my student loans to buy these for me, but I feel like it is worthwhile.

Kyle and I are heading out of town this weekend. Up to Sacramento to spend some time with his mom. Plus I have a gift certificate, from my birthday, to Ikea. I am looking forward to spending that!!

I really need to get going, I have to pack the car and get out of town!

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

Nice trip and tech goodies - but psst.. just a warning from someone who graduated college recently (2 yr ago) - watch out on the student loans! They do come back to bite you - especially once you get into the kids, house and mortgage thing.

Sorry to be a drag, hope you don't see this until you get back ;o) Have a great weekend!

Tara said...

I'm with rhelynn, you really have to watch those student loans cause five to ten years is a long time when you want to start doing other things. I'm so sick of paying Rich's loans it just kills me.

Still exciting about the new "toys". I need a new 'puter, but now that we have a new truck, it will have to wait. For five more years. Blech.

Hope the 4th of july bbq was fun. We went to one, too. So much good food.