Saturday, July 15, 2006

We're Here

It was a rough day, we spent some money to get the van in good working order to make the trek across the desert, only to overheat yesterday. We turned off the AC just a little too late and then went up some hilly roads. The steam was pouring forth from the beast. We got to the campground, turned it off, opened up the hood and let it cool!! The temps in this po-dunk town we stopped in for gas were at least 110. Then the overheating began. So we took things much easier today, turning off the ac (which we only ran on the lowest setting yesterday and today anyways) whenever we were on any moderate climbs. It helped, we made it to Flagstaff and wondered around for a few hours before heading south to Sedona, our destination. We are checked in to the little condo and it is NICE!

I did some knitting and completed one fetching glove. However, I am not happy with the bound off edge, it was picot. I think I will tear it out and rework the final row. I am not entirely done, I have not knit the thumb hole. It is just a stitched up bit with scrap yarn.

I am off to clean up, I need a shower!!

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

Wow - knitting in such heat! Your glove does look great in the cables - and it is in one of my favourite 'to-wear' colours. Glad you didn't get stranded, very scary, have fun!