Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What do you do?

We had the biggest parenting OOPS last night. Not really my oops, but my mom's oops. (Pictures not related to story)



Kyle and I made dinner and dessert due to the day off for me. Delicious stuff... panko crusted shrimp, mushroom risotto, broccoli, and coconut croissant chocolate bread pudding. It was so tasty. So we had my parents over for some good eats.



I had finished the risotto and was giving Lowan some food when my parents arrived. My mom sat down to finish feeding him and I went to help Kyle with the shrimp. When he was close to done, I jokingly walked over to my mom at the table and pointed to my glass and said don't give that to Lowan, it's my wine. She looked at me in horror. And asked if I was joking, I told her no, his cup was the blue plastic one. And the oops hit, she gave our seven month old some wine to drink.



The problem is I drink my wine in tumblers, not wine glasses. And we will often give Lowan drinks out of these cups as it is easier to see the water getting to his mouth. We are trying to teach him how to drink from a real cup as opposed to using sippy cups. And there wasn't that much wine and it was hard to tell it was colored. So... OOPS!! He didn't get much, I'm sure once it hit his mouth he didn't like it and let it all drool out anyways. But not really something I wanted my son to try quite so young in his life.



He seemed and seems to be fine. No harm done. I gave him the good ol' booby and he went to bed over an hour later and nothing seemed amiss.



So it was a good laugh and a little stress around our parts last night.

I just added the pictures to this post. As you can see, Lowan like him some tv. He watches it very intently whenever it is on. And so of course we wanted to watch the election results on the 4th. So Lowan got some tv time. We have pretty much opted to keep it off anytime he is awake due to his love. Needless to say, we were pleased with the big win. Unfortunately, Kyle and I were very disappointed in some CA and local Fresno wins. Hopefully it will be better next election.

Also, finally some knit goodness here on my knitting blog. That cute little brown Charlie Brown-esque stripped hat was something I made before Lowan was born. But it turned out way to big and had ends that needed to be woven in. I finally finished it up and while still a little big... Adorable!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a funny story. Sounds like no harm done. :)