Monday, September 04, 2006

Schools In Session

The first full week... DONE! Only 15 more to go. Not to bad. All the classes seem fine, much less on the oral and written reports this semester. Unfortunately, that probably means I will have lots next semester instead of them being spread out.

Here are some funny pictures of Trout. She was hungry and sat in the bathroom (where her food dish is) staring at the food bowl, waiting. And waiting. She stayed there for awhile. I finally fed her and she went right at it. She is kind of lazy, you see she has a food bowl with the top full of food, but she won't do anything to get to the food that just hasn't poured down, I have to shake it down for her. (So I am not completely neglectful, there was some food in there, just not much and she wasn't trying to get it)
It has been a pretty nice weekend, Kyle and I have been on a game kick. Playing all sorts of old games. We raided my parents game closet and pulled out these crazy old games I remember playing when I was a kid. We played Mille Bornes an old French game and a few rounds of Pipe Works (of which there was no example on Amazon). Mille Bornes has been the focus of our game playing good times. We love games and this one is great. We even had a round of Battleship. A great game that I would highly recommend for a large group like at a party... Pit! We play this as a family on some New Year's Eves. And we ALL love it! It is loud, fast paced and terrific fun!

Blogger is doing weird things and rotated this picture (I tried three times) but here is Trout getting her food... Finally (At least that is what she thinks):We have both been crafty this weekend as well. It is not very often that Kyle is interested in going to JoAnn's with me. But he has this big idea that he has been working on. He is turning old Altoid tins into cases for his flies (for fishing). It has been a process, however. He was having a hard time finding a good foam. We finally settled on a bunch of those foam craft sticks. They look like large popsicle sticks but are made out of that foam stuff that is all the rage for kids. Kyle is gluing stacks of them together. We'll see how that goes.
I have been working on transforming this shirt that a friend gave me. It is only going so-so. I probably will never wear it, but it is good for experimenting. I put pin tucks in the front at the shoulders and sides. Then some in the back in the middle. Those are what are shown in progress. The shoulder is folded over to show them at the shoulder. I used brown thread for a nice contrast and bought some brown fabric paint and am planning to try the freezer paper stenciling.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

The shirt does sound like an interesting experiment! I love the pictures of Trout - just her tail sticking out ;o) hehe!