Monday, July 04, 2005

Needle Felted Cat

I took a needle felting class last week on Tuesday and this is my end product. It is going to be a birthday gift, I won't say who, I don't want to spoil the surprise. It was pretty fun, but I don't know if I will continue to make things through this method. I like felting knitted stuff, but this is a lot like sculpture and I pretty much suck at that kind of stuff. But is was fun and I'm glad I did it.

Completed Cat 1 Posted by Picasa


Completed Cat 2 Posted by Picasa


Flat Cat Posted by Picasa


Cat in progress Posted by Picasa

Other projects I am working on...

I Do from knitty. I have been swatching like crazy to find a yarn substitute. I have some light creamy orange yarn (I have no idea what it is) that I bought from Webs (a cone of it) a long time ago. It turned out to be a much thinner yarn than I expected (like a fingering or sport weight). But the orange color is nice and would go good with Kyle's shirt (green). I am trying to make sure the wedding stays casual. Otherwise I am thinking about buying some white wool from Knitpicks to make it. Speaking of weddings, can I register for yarn as wedding gifts?? THat would be ideal. Kyle doesn't need anything, or he can register for a new bass or something that he needs/wants.

I just want to say one more thing today...


I LOVE THREE DAY WEEKENDS!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cat is hilarious. Looks like it was squashed by a car, and it is rather creepy pre-eyes. I love the snail. Also, I'm impressed you're going to make "I Do" it's so cute! You should make one for me : )

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, how's that i-cord coming for my bag?

Anonymous said...

That cat is totally out of control, it looks like somebody stepped on it.Hilarious.