Thursday, July 21, 2005

Progress on I Do

It has been crazy for the past week and I've done no knitting. It saddens me because I was plowing along on I Do like crazy and now nothing.

I had good reason, my sister (from Alaska) was in town from Fri to Mon this past weekend AND we threw my mom a 50th surprise birthday party. The party went great. All except for the nearly record breaking (maybe it did break a record) high temperatures. It was 109 degrees. And we had the party outside, at 5 pm. Plus my parents don't have air-conditioning, they are probably the only house in all of Fresno without it. So it was hot. My mom ended up jumping in the pool (fully clothed) which meant the whole family jumped in the pool. Then some other people jumped as well. Somehow this led to a lot of people leaving, maybe there was a fear of them having to jump in or being thrown in.

It was a great party and my mom had NO idea it was coming. My dad and I have been sneaking around like crazy trying to get it together.

The worst of my being SOOOO busy is I missed a yarn sale at my LYS. I think everything was 25% off. That is unbelievable. I kept trying to get my sister to go over there with me, but we were always so busy. She was in town for her 10th high school reunion so we were shopping and getting pedicures all the while preparing for the surprise party. Oh well it is probably better I didn't go because I am BROKE!! So bad, I have no money. None! And planning a wedding and fronting money for my brother and sister for the b-day party has me strapped. Oh and only working half a month so I could go to Alaska did not help my financial status at all. So while I would have loved (LOVED) to get some yarn on sale, I don't really need it because of the 20 projects I already have going, my semi-huge stash (I just went from one large tuperware container to two) and the overwhelming I Do. I am good for awhile.

Oh but to have some new yarn. Actually I just got a catalogue from knitpicks and want to buy and make so many of the cute things in there. The prices are just too affordable, it makes it too easy.

Argh.

Well on with the pictures to update I Do


Insert Wedding March here. It's I Do Posted by Picasa


This view shows how long it is. Posted by Picasa


Another View of I Do. Posted by Picasa


It is hard to set a caption for this many pictures of the same thing!! Here is I Do, one more time Posted by Picasa

No comments: