Friday, July 22, 2005

Weekend Getaway Satchel... Oh how I love your flowered ways!!

Rhiann-Knits

Ohh, a trip to Barnes and Noble to get the most fabulous cup of coffee from Jessica (the worlds best coffee maker - thanks for moving back from Texas so I can enjoy your expertise!!) and I grabbed some knitting magazines to look through. And, oh my god, am I in love or what. I bought the new issue of Interweave Knits, it is full of some great patterns. But the ONE that caught my eye is the Weekend Getaway Satchel. It is beautiful, it is huge, and is must be mine. I have already been pondering yarn options, I checked for a KAL and found one, several people it seems are considering Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks. That was the option I was thinking about using. It takes so much yarn I need to use the cheapest possible option.

Seeing this and wanting it inspired me to start busting ass on I Do. Because I absolutely must not start any other projects until it is done. I have a very definite deadline for that project. I don't think Kyle would like it if I told him we had to postpone the wedding because I haven't finished knitting my shrug. He would say "what is a shrug, we are not postponing it AGAIN!" So this project will have to wait. I am sad and feel the need to cry because I want it!! Maybe it can be my honeymoon travel bag. Since the honeymoon is not until next June at the earliest, I have plenty of time.

If only I had a yarn angel who bought it all for me, and a work angel who made money for me. Then I could stay home and knit beautiful things for everyone I love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, everyone you love, like yourself? Oh, before you get all uppity, you know I love and appreciate my handbag. Be sure to shop ebay for the weekend getaway satchel yarn. How many bags will this be that you knitted for yourself? Oops, there I go again criticizing you. You should knit Teagan a cute sweater for the impending winter!