Monday, November 21, 2005

They're Watching You...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I LOVE CHEESECAKE. It is so smooth and creamy. I made a cheesecake for our (early) Thanksgiving celebration with my family yesterday. At first I was going to make a pumpkin cheesecake, but I am not such a huge fan of the pumpkin what-not. So I opted to make a plain cheesecake with a pumpkin sauce AND a dulce de leche sauce. For those who felt like they needed options. Or wanted both (Kyle).

And while I try not to brag too much (HA - I brag a lot!!), the cheesecake is THE BEST!! In fact, whenever anyone said how much they liked it yesterday, I told them it was because I am the master. Really I think it is just that I have made a few cheesecakes, and I have a really easy good recipe.

allrecipes is the best website. You can find everything.
I like it when I remember something from my childhood or I had one time at this one place that someone made and it was so good, but what was it and who made it and how do I get that recipe! Because I have had some amazing luck at this website and found the recipe. Plus I read all the reviews and get the best variations and ideas and tips... and wa-la... Perfect food!!

So I just want to say about my cheesecake... it was the perfect creaminess from outside edge to inner center. This is my biggest issue with cheesecakes, the ones that are way overdone at the outside but still all loose at the center.

Last night during cheesecake conversations, my mom said: Rhiannon will make one for you, if you ever want one. To which I replied: Only in the winter, I don't like to use the oven in the summer. Then my grandma (Moner) said: The oven?? Why do you use the oven, I've never baked a cheesecake. I looked at Kyle who had a dumbfounded look on his face and he asked me under his breath what kind of cheesecake wasn't baked. My grandma doesn't know about REAL cheesecake and Kyle doesn't seem to know about what is more like a cream cheese pie. Or the cheesecake recipe you usually find on the inside cover of the box of cheam cheese.

The only way to go is the yummy egg and cream cheese and other what not kind of cheesecake. I'll eat a non-baked cheesecake but will fantasize about something better!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was an unbelievable amount to write about a cheesecake. You are such a bragger. I think I was the one who found that recipe anyway. That was pretty hilarious about Moner not ever making real cheesecake. It's like those jello cheesecakes...which are really great when you're camping. Later!

RheLynn said...

Cheesecake! That is something I do miss, and you seem to be fond of it too ;o)

I'm sure there is a vegan recipe for something *resembling* cheesecake out there -- but I have yet to try it.

We are roasting a huge pan of vegetables for Thanksgiving. We tried Soy burgers last year... but its back to the veggies with lots of olive oil and rosemary baked in!

Have a great Thanksgiving!