Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Yarn-iversary




















I am declaring Dec. 1st my yarn-iversary. This will be my second yarn-iversary. I am so excited. I asked for a ball winder and swift from Kyle. He said he thinks he could make me a swift, something basic. But I really need a ball winder. Especially after last night. I deconstructed a scarf for the yarn. I received a scarf as a gift at some point that was not really my style, it went into my regifting pile (I know it's terrible, but I don't want to waste things that other people may like) and I pulled it out again yesterday and thought of tearing it out for the really pretty yarn came dancing through my head. Well, I did it. And I have this HUGE ball of yarn that I think may become a pair of mittens. I took pictures but won't post them because I don't want to offend the possible gift giver. But know that I LOVE the yarn and will make something beautiful out of it!!





The ultimate in regifting... Making something else out of said yarn and giving new product to original giver. That would be funny!! I won't do it, I like the yarn.

It is also very hard for the gift giver that asks me what I want, I say yarn, but I want specific yarns. It is too hard!! At least I can direct Kyle directly to what I want. But he has some plans this year. He is already advising me not to snoop. Really, REALLY hard for me to do. I am a HUGE snoop. I can't help it, I've decided I have NO impulse control.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

Yarn with chopsticks? Or are they knitting needles that look like chopsticks ;o) j/k Anyway, at least it looks 'yummy' in yarn terms!

How cold is 'cold' in Fresno? Being from the 'Great White North' (northern Minnesota), and moving to Tennessee - has made 'cold' a relative term for me now!