Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Tests and a little knitting.

So after one test, not so good; one test, great; and one test, yet to be seen; I feel like I have a little spare time to blog. It has been a very testful kind of past week!!

So I was all set and ready to start knitting the cable sweater. I pulled out the yarn, pulled out the needles. I pulled the center out of two balls of yarn (and did not end up pulling out a quarter of the ball while trying). Two because I am knitting it held double. I scanned and printed the pattern. I don't like to work them from the book, I would wreck my books that way. I took a deep breath, and then...

Decided I had to finish some other stuff first.

So... I got out the Madil Cardigan. I began this in August, that's right SEVEN months ago. I tell you, don't do it, finish them, don't put them away. I could not remember anything about it. I pulled out the pattern hoping I used the needle it called for. And it all came rushing back, the pattern had a miss print, wrong needle size. Oh No!! What did I do (it called for a 14), did I go up to a 15 or down to a 13? I knit a little swatch on 13's to see how it compared. I am confident it was/is the 15's I need. So that is what I am using. Plus I reworked the sleeves for 3/4 length, I just don't think I have enough for full length. I did the reworking last night, that wasn't a problem. But, I think I altered the cable pattern. So now I have to study it and see if I can figure it out.

I have not finished or abandoned the socks, I just wanted to change. So I will work the socks and the sweater at the same time. However, now that I am going on the sleeves, I will finish them one right after another, I can't go through this again. Well off I go, want to get a little cleaning done before bed.

There it is, all the projects in the photo. Sock, Cabled Cardigan, and Madil Cardigan!! I have a cat on my lap biting my hand while I type, a sure sign I need to go. Where is the sweet napping kitty of the other day, as pictured at the top??

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

Trout is cute ;o) I wonder what she is dreaming about. She shouldn't bite your hand though -- is she hungry?

My socks are 2x2 ribbing, but that picture makes them look like 3x3 or more... Great to see all of your projects laid out. Your knitting is really productive! (Mine is a little bit here and there between everything else)

Rhiannon said...

She can't be hungry, she has unlimited food. She was mad because my hands were occupied with something other then petting her.