Saturday, March 04, 2006

I guess I only have the weekend.

I have been busy with school and work. And the other random things that make up life. So it looks like a week since my last post. I made another bag (same pattern as the apron bag and those before it) except this one has a plastic lining. My thought was it could be like a farmer's market bag, you can put wet veggies and what not in it without the water leaking out. Plus it would be able to be wiped down. The plastic was very hard to sew with and I don't think I will continue making bags this way.

Then I took my first shot at a zippered bag today. I also used the plastic with this but was of much simpler construction so it did not slip around near as much.

The sock is coming along. I don't knit on it much and am still working on the leg portion of it, but keep plugging away. Hopefully a finished pair of socks will be here by the end of the month.
I had a couple of tests this past week, so not much time aside from studying.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

The plastic lining sounds really intersting and useful -- but yes, very hard to sew with. Did you use your machine, and if so, how did it work?

I have an 'order' to sew vinyl for someone that I haven't agreed to yet for just that same reason.