Thursday, May 04, 2006

I call these an ice cream sandwich

They are the strawberry ice cream sandwich mittens that I was happy to deliver today. Jessica LOVED them. She said how funny I am, because she will ask for something... like these mittens and expect them soonish. Then I will take forever. I think she told me she wanted mittens in like October. Then I tell her on Tuesday night, I had the knitting urge and decided to go for it on the mittens. This morning when I show up in Barnes and Noble for a cup of coffee and a book she does not expect these mittens. So while I am talking to her, I have my hands digging around in my bag, she is giving me weird eyeballs, but she probably thought I was looking for chapstick or something. But really I am putting the mittens on. And wa-la, I pull out my hands and she screams in delight. (I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream... mittens!!) She then told me she expected them about a month after I told her I got them started. Little does she know that I have a tendency to become compulsively obsessed with projects. So I am happy to say they are done, she loves them, and I am happy. I think I was motivated to get these mittens done so fast because I wanted to free up the yarn for the bag that is bouncing around in my head.

Okay, I really have to go. I need to be writing a paper, not blogging here.

I am excited though because I got my tea swap partner and checked out her blog. I feel bad because my fave tea is cheap-o, generic grocery store stuff and really want to send something fabulous and unique. Oh well, I love it and should embrace that love!! Ohhh... and the second picture, that is our new chamomile plant, speaking of tea!

4 comments:

RheLynn said...

great name, I love your fantastic mittens! :o)

very nice with your chamomile plant growing too!

I'm going to have to go look again at knittersteaswap, because my favourite tea is a 'cheap' green, and my poster's favourite looks like iced... I'm not sure what to do!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rhiannon :-)

I'm your secret tea swap partner :-) I'm really looking forward to it. I have been reading your blog and I think you are a very interesting person :-) I'm happy to be sending packages to you. There's already a postcard on its way, but who knows how long time it will take :-)
There's nothing to stop you from sending "something fabulous and unique" to your tea swap partner, but maybe she likes the "cheap-o, generic grocery store stuff" best too ;-)

Hugs,
your tea-and-yarn fairy :-D

Tara said...

I love the colors!!! AND you got a post from your tea partner! How exciting...I want a post from mine. I guess I should put a post on my person's blog. I will go do that.

Anonymous said...

I finally looked at your blog and you haven't posted any wedding pix from AK...hope you're having fun. mom