Friday, May 26, 2006

Something New

I have began and completed something new on the cabled riding coat. There is a different twist to the cables for the waist on up. Also in the waist section, the cables are twisting more often. I am so excited and scared right now. I am moving on to new different things. The pattern has about 4 "AT THE SAME TIME" sections. It is a lot to pay attention to. I made an excel chart that just lists each section I need to do on each row. That way, while I still have to read the pattern, I can just check off each row as I do it and follow the notes to which section(s) I need to follow from the impossible pattern. It will be fun, I can't wait to finish the sweater. It seems a little snug. I may not be able to button it (until I lose some weight) but I don't usually button my sweaters anyways.

So far my big accomplishment today has been weaving in some ends. I hate doing it, and I know there are going to be SO many for this sweater. I just attached my 7th ball (at least) and have 29 more to go. So I has to weave in 14 ends. WOW. But as you can see in the top photo, there is a little pile of ends - that is the back side of the sweater.

The brown is much darker then it is showing in these photos, it is such a beautiful sunny warm (not hot) day outside. Perfect for taking pictures of cables and showing their detail. Not so good for doing this warm chocolate brown any justice. Think candy bar brown. I just checked the name of it... Chocolate!! Surprise.

Anyways, I am off to knit the first significantly different row. Wish me luck ;)

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

It really is very pretty - the yarn color and the textures it makes! I just realized your graphic is going up and not down - I thought you were near the end *duh!*

Anonymous said...

we are about to start the sweater...your excel chart sounds cool. Would you be willing to share it?