Saturday, May 13, 2006

So many hours... So few inches

I have been meaning to post. In fact I think about it nearly every day. I keep wanting to show my progress on the Cabled Riding Coat by Loop D Loop. But every day I knit more and more, I realize that it all looks the same. Yes it is getting a little smaller due to decreases and of course I have knit two of the button holes, but other than these two barely noticeable differences, it is just longer. I am obsessed and can't put it down. Even taking it with me to Visalia (City 45 min away) when Kyle and I went to dinner there. We have a friend, someone from Kyle's band who plays there every Thurs night. So we went to see him play and Kyle took his bass and I took my knitting. I was not feeling well, so I didn't have beers like I usually would. But I felt good enough for my favorite dish... Ruben with garlic fries. And to sub the beer, I had orange cream soda (brewed on site). SO GOOD.


My computer is acting all slow and funky these past few days. I am pondering the purchase of a laptop. You know... for school! With my student loans. Hmmm... Wise investment??

So on with the pictures, not much else to say. Other than it is now HOT!! 94 was the official high yesterday, I am thinking it was up to 97 in some areas. Summer is here, where was spring, I don't remember spring.


Plus... all I have left is finals and one paper to write. Then no more school for three whole months. WOO HOO! I am going to check on the Wed night Stitch n Bitch group here in town. My summer project is this sweater, I may have to abandon the 5 plus pounds of wool that will be sitting on my lap on the hottest days. It will be a good summer. Kyle is calling it "the summer of Us".

Pictures: Top - 5/7/06 Cast On
Middle - 5/9/06 Approx Two Cable Repeats
Bottom - 5/13/06 Just over Five Cable Repeats

3 comments:

RheLynn said...

very neat! Sorry you weren't feeling well -- but your meal sounded great!

The knitting is coming along great -- big amazement on your cabling, still haven't gotten up the nerve on that.

Good luck on your finals and paper!

Tara said...

That is going to be the coolest sweater ever when it's done. I love the knit-o-meter for it, with your head on the sweater. You look great in that picture!! I haven't knitted since March I think. Glad you liked the yummy tea I sent :)

Anonymous said...

good luck getting motivated to knit the jacket in that heat! It's reallllly hot here too...I've abandoned all my long sleeve sweater projects!