Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Some knitting


Finally, I have begun the mittens. It is only May and the temps are now in the high 80's... not a single need for a pair of thick wool mittens. But it is now that I choose to begin them. And they are coming along spectacularly! I love the pink and brown combo. However, this pink is awful pepto colored.

I am thinking of a little brown and pink polka dot felted hand bag with what I will have left of this stuff. Something very basic, more emphasis on the color/pattern then the bag.

School is rapidly coming to an end... SO EXCITED! I am just ready for a little break. I am happy with school right now because I just got full score on a paper I thought I did only okay on!! That is good news (means I don't have to do as good on the test)

I think I am going to take the first day after school is over off from work. I will cast on for the cable sweater, lay in bed, watch movies, read books, laze about and take it easy. It also happens to fall on my birthday... so I guess I really must!

Well, I am very tired, so this was just a quickie.

I just got the picture up. I hate how light they are on my camera, but become so dark on screen. You can hardly see the brown of the mitten against the dark background. But I am too lazy most of the time to open the photos in photoshop and dr. them up. I don't even put them on the hard drive, they go straight from the memory stick to blog!

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

The mitten is looking good -- you're past the thumb, and that was the hard part on my pair! The colours will look great felted for your other project too.

I used to have a wooden cat a lot like that, back in MN -- have no idea where he went ;o) Mine had a chip out of one ear though and more of a 'sourpuss look' like the black cat on that French poster