Thursday, May 18, 2006

Not a whole lot going on... Almost done with school.

Progress on the sweater. But not really anything worth showing. It all looks the same, however, I will update the meter to the left to show where I am as of today. I have knit a little pretty much every day except yesterday. Yesterday I did sew a little. Actually very little, I designed and cut out a basic handbag. But then it was time to watch the Amazing Race season finale. I have seen ever episode this year, I LOVE the show. Kyle and I always joke around about wanting to go on it, how much fun! So all I had time to sew was the handles. I would like to go sew some right now, but feel that would probably wake up Kyle and he would not be happy. He rarely gets mad at me, but that would probably be THE straw!! :)

Instead of studying for the two finals I had yesterday, Kyle and I did not work and went to the movies and out to lunch. He was sick...ish.

It is getting hot, we have been above 95 degrees all week. They are saying it should cool down some, back into the 80's. That is good to hear!!

I did get a postcard from my tea swap pal. She is from Sweden, how exciting! I sent a little teaser to mine, nothing fancy, but I wanted to let her know I was out there. I love this whole tea swap thing, my sister sent me a gift also. She is getting all into the swap. She sent me some handmade scones, some yummy tea... Samovar tea, and a supper nice card. She has started up a new blog, I put a link over to the left but you can find her here. She wanted to be Little Pink Houses (Blog Name) but that was taken and has not been used in about two years. How long do people get to keep the names?? Oh well, she made do.

I feel utterly boring today, so I am off. I'll post with more excitement soon (or not).

3 comments:

RheLynn said...

Your sweater is getting there -- your progress picture is very useful ;o) Exciting yes about your teaswap partner! I just sent off my package today. Yuck - hot weather - that is one thing I am NOT looking forward to again... I think the Minnesota blood runs deep in my veins ;o) Keep cool and have a good weekend!

RheLynn said...

Happy Birthday!
* I saw it over on one of your other blogs (from Tara)*

Tara said...

I need to send my tea package off this weekend! I have to figure out what yarn to send. Nice progress on the sweater. That is going to be the rockinest sweater ever!