Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm a single Jaywalker!

Well that is I have one single Jaywalker sock. It is soft and comfy. I like it. There was a little pooling, but the yarn did a nice job of striping in alternating colors. So it is pools of similar colored stripes. If that even makes sense. Just a few ends to weave in, a little funky stitch at the very end to check out and fix. And then do it all over again for number two. But school start on Monday so I may have to slow down on the knitting. Oh wait, yeah right. If I am anything like last semester, I will be knitting up a storm.

I did make the decision to put the cabled riding coat on permanent hot weather hold. I am not even trying to work on it. Once it cools down, so I don't mind the ten pound blanket on my lap, I will get right back to work. My ultimate goal is to complete it by the end of the year.
Plus Kyle and I are trying to save money, pay off debt, spend less. So NO MORE YARN. Or fabric. I have loads of both and am restricted to only working with what I have. This is my goal.

Finally, I tore out the bind off edge on the pink and brown bag and re-bound off with looser stitches. It did not really change the small size, but added some stretch to it. I will try to weave in my ends today and felt in the next load of laundry. There was no laundry done over the weekend, we were busy though. On Sunday, Kyle and I had breakfast with his mom, lunch with his whole family (for his sister's b-day), and dinner with my family (for my mom's b-day). We were barely home. Except we made breakfast at home for his mom. Again... trying to save money. It was a good day, but I still feel like I just want to spend some relaxing time at home. We spent a lot of Sat. cleaning the apartment.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Nice sock. Now you have to keep up the momentum and do the second one. It looks like there's a white stripe every other row, or is that an illusion? They make me want some smores :)

Rhiannon said...

It is either white or light blue. And it is every other row for most of the foot part, other parts it may be every third row.

I WILL make the next one. I must!

RheLynn said...

Smores socks! Great work ;o) I know what the 'work with what you've got' is - I have so much fabric to use now!

Cleaning is a dirty word, ;o) j/k! I need to frenzy clean this weekend too.