Wednesday, August 16, 2006

More pictures...

This is a picture I took from the pier. I only wish it could have been an hour later when the sun had come out and the ocean was bright blue and so nice. But I really shouldn't complain, because it is a really good shot. It is not the only one either. I got another with the dolphin more upright and his tail still in the water.
Here are a few from the coast this past weekend. Kyle and I went with our friend Jessica. The first night (friday) we had to sleep in the car together. We made it there at about midnight. We took the minivan that has seats that turn into a bed. It would be pretty comfy for two people, but we were pretty much sardines. Poor Kyle had part of his bed made up by an ice chest. But we made it and set up a tent in the morning in the overflow camping. The second night, Jessica and I shared the tent and Kyle slept in the car.

There are some cute pictures of Kyle and I (finally, since there is usually no one else around to take them) but they are all on Jessica's camera. So until I borrow her memory card, I will only have the prints she made for me. Which is good for me!!

We spent the day on the beach, we did some tide-pooling, some sun bathing, some fishing, some walking. Kyle and Jessica tried to catch crabs for bait for fishing. I did not really sun bathe, I am kind of a hater of direct sun light. I laid in the shade of the pier while Jessica lay next to me in the sun. I put on SPF 30 while Jessica put on SPF 8. And I STILL got a sunburn. I did spend some time in the sun, obviously too much! It was not a bad burn, my nose is peeling a little, but otherwise it seems to have faded.


On a crafty note...

I made what I have named the "Fall Airport Bag" I meant to post about it before, but found my self not posting about anything. I guess it would be more appropriate on HoBags, but we seem to have abandoned that blog. So, I call it this because it is fall colors and I made it the day before I left for Alaska to use as my carry on bag. It is the same basic pattern I made and have been producing bags from for the past six months with a few modifications. I made it wider and the strap longer for better across the body carrying capabilities. I put two pockets on the outside, mostly because I wanted to show off the great fabric I got to line it. I used a super soft brown corduroy for the outside. I love it and have been using since. This is not the best picture of it, but it shows off my new light from Ikea. I have had it for awhile, maybe two months, but finally got around to hanging it last week. Plus the picture is really dark.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Fabulous photogs! Jessica looks good (and so do you, of course). Nice dolphin shot!!

RheLynn said...

Oh Wow - you got some GREAT pictures there!~

You are so good at making the bags - how is your side business going?