Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Big Ol' Belly

Here I am at 37 weeks. I am getting more and more uncomfortable. I can no longer lay on my left side because it hurts all the time. My back hurts less, but my front hurts more. I have been getting more stretch marks, even a few on my lower back... what is that all about? But I am so close I can't even believe it!!



I had a Dr. appt today and it was uneventful as usual. She was really good about answering all the questions I had after taking a marathon birthing class over this past weekend. The thing she stressed the most... don't be a control freak about birthing. She told me to not go to the hospital with a long list of things I don't want done or don't want to happen, just in case they do. It's good advice, about the same thing Tara told me. Go with the flow! So that is what I am trying to do.

I've been trying not to complain too much, but Tara is getting sick of me. She said every time she calls me I am in a grumpy mood and groaning a lot. I still feel pretty good for the most part and will definitely miss being pregnant once the baby comes. But I am so excited for the little guy!

Still no crafting, but I've been slowly working at getting the baby's room ready. It is so close. I just need to get the dresser/changing table thing from my parents house and into my house. It is some old piece of furniture that is kind of like a cabinet, but it will be our dresser changing table.

Maybe soon I'll have something crafty to post.

3 comments:

Tara said...

No offense and all, but I can say this since you're pregnant...girl, you look huge! I'm thinking 9.5 pounds (for the baby, not your total weight gain, though at the rate you're going...). I know, that's just uncalled for.

I can't wait till you get to post pictures of my cute nephew!

RheLynn said...

Wow 37 weeks! You're almost there! The thing I was worst worried about at the hospital was they wouldn't let me have any water. They do that in a lot of hospitals to keep the mother from throwing up. The nurses were great not forcing anything on me, painkillers included, and if I really wanted something (water included) they let me have it.

Ask for advice but it was my experience that instinct was correct until the actual birthing when I relied totally on what the nurses told me to do when they said to do it (even though it was difficult).

Best of luck and wishes for all of you that this is a smooth birth and you'll both do wonderfully!

Unknown said...

Three more weeks! Hang in there!

I think you have a great attitude about birthing. And I can't wait to see the baby pics. :)