Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not long now.

I had a Dr. Appt yesterday and am currently 2cm dilated and 70% effaced. I had quite a few contractions and even thought they were moving along rather nicely. They went from painless to mild discomfort. They even seemed to be getting closer but not very regular. The contractions eased up as I relaxed a little more and went back to painless and sporadic. I felt a little flu-ish this morning, which is also a good sign of progression.

My midwife is pretty optimistic as well. She said I needed to make my next appointment (for next Wed) but might not make it till then and maybe she'd see me this weekend to have a baby. I'm excited, but don't want to get too hopeful. After all it is possible that I stay this way for awhile.

So who knows, maybe a baby will be here within the next few days.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH gosh! How exciting.

And enviable - June was 10 days late.

Anonymous said...

Exciting! Enjoy the ride, trust your body's wisdom. I felt so magnificent,strong, normal yet uber-woman immediatly after. Thanks for the kind words on my blog. I just found out I'm pregnant so it's funny to see you're at the other end! Good luck and keep your yoni relaxed!

Anonymous said...

That was me. I was accidently annoymonous. However you spell it (pregancy laziness I guess!)

RheLynn said...

Yay Yay! And no post since then hope your little baby boy has come safely to the both of you and you are feeling as good as can be expected :)