Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stinky Sister

That stinker of a sister of mine has bought yarn and cast on for her very own Versatility. Kyle doesn't understand my annoyance. It is simply because I am jealous and want to make my very own versatility. I'm excited for Tara to make it, but it has been just about all I can think about, so I want to be making it.

Instead when I think about it, I start working on Lowan's sweater. I finished the first sleeve last night. And bummer, I think I don't like the sizing and will have to tear it out and re-knit the whole thing. We'll see, I'll try it on him to see how it works. It just seems really narrow at the wrist, and I want the sweater to fit through this winter at least.

And when I thought I was in the clear as far as projects on my plate before Versatility, Kyle reminded me that he would like his beanie finished. UGH! I dropped some stitches and it is in a very complicated pattern and I have been dreading fixing it. But I will get back to it. It only took about 5 months for my yarn order to come in, so it is only necessary for me to delay the project an equal length of time... right??

So I was going to post some pics. Pictures of the sleeve on Lowan and a picture of the progress on Kyle's hat. But the batteries were dead. Then the day grew long and we were gone for much of it. Now I'm home, Lowan's in bed and I don't feel like getting out the hat and want to go to bed. So this will be a photo-less post that just gripes about Tara. See Ya!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so sorry. Check my blog out for an update on my progress! hahahahahaaha!

RheLynn said...

Lowan is getting so big! You can literally watch him grow through all the photos. Life seems to be on fast-forward with a baby and a job. I'm sure you're in the same boat :) Lowan must love Kyle's beard. Esme loves to pull on Mark's too and stares at him funny when he shaves.

You've got some great pictures! I especially love the one of you and Lowan in the garden. You look so happy :)

Oh! And CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your coat! It looks great!