Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Brioche

It sounds like a type of bread. Hmmm... Maybe it is bread as well as a knit stitch. I have nearly finished Kyle's brioche hat from Weekend Knitting. This has been one long project, mainly due to a nearly six month wait on the ordered yarn. Then when I got the yarn, I didn't want to work on the project because I had dropped a stitch. And um... they are hard to pick up in this crazy brioche business. So this little project, hands down, has the most errors ever. I make errors while knitting, but I pretty much always fix them. This little number is full of them and there was no way I was going to drop any stitch in an attempt to fix them. I would have lost everything. I could barely remember what I was doing. I wouldn't call the brioche hard, but it is confusing to look at. I don't know what is going on well enough with it to fix anything. Those two colors are all intertwined to create that look. But what a look, it comes out really cool.



So Kyle is pretty excited. He didn't think I'd finish this hat, especially not in time for his camping trip in a week and a half, but finish it I did. Well, except for those pesky ends to be woven in. But that is not the irritating problem it used to be. Sorry this picture is not of the finished hat, I have not taken any yet.



Also, today, Lowan is six months old. YEA!! What a cute boy!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Six Months!

Brioche is yummy... can't wait to see the finished hat. :)