Friday, August 19, 2005


Hard to really see the details, but here is the cardigan (I feel I should stop calling it a sweater) with back and both sides of the front done and attached. I spend a good deal of time hiding my ends, because it looks like I already weaved (is that a word) them in. Posted by Picasa



What a sexy style vest this might make. Posted by Picasa




Here I am modeling the cardigan like it is some sort of scarf. Fancy, Huh!! Posted by Picasa



To get the cable to show up in a photo I have to turn off the flash because it washes out the cable work with it on. So I tried 3 times to take a picture. BUT I had an Americano. Which is usually espresso and water. But I got it from a different place then normal and the girl called it a red eye. And from what I remember working in a cafe, we called a red eye espresso in coffee. OPPS. If that is what she made me, I am in trouble and it explains why I am SO shaky and could not take a steady picture. However the coffee was yummy and I may just need to eat more. Posted by Picasa



So I am feeling the crazy shakes from coffee, but here is the sweater, I just need to make the sleeves and then do the collar. But that should be easy enough, the part I am dreading is the finishing stuff. Like sewing up the side seams and attaching the sleeves. I am not so good at that stuff. Plus I messed up, I hope it is not too bad (no one would notice if I didn't point it out, but I feel I must point it out). I was supposed to increase in the edge of each front that will be attached to the back of the sweater, but I did my increase on the edge where the zipper is to be placed. Where it will be visible to all. I made some crazy change in my head while making this and thought the decreasing was for the sleeve. Even though the pattern says decreasing for the neck. So I thought I was doing it in the right place. When I realized my mistake, I would have had to tear it all the way back to that row. Really not too much work because it is such a fast knit, but I didn't want to do it. So I just made sure to make the same mistake on the left front side of the cardigan so at least my mistakes match. I don't think this will change the sizing but who knows.

I am still worried about sizing, even after adding so many sts for length and width, but Jessica is hopeful it WILL be too small and that I will give it to her. She really wants an "I DO" I just don't know if I can make another. At least not for awhile. She was over last night and asking me to make her anything at all. I am such a stinge and only want to knit for myself. Not entirely true. I guess I need to let her know I'll make her anything she wants if she buys the yarn. I love to knit and I love to "get" new yarn and shop for new yarn. BUT I hate to buy it. I wonder if you are a major pattern designer, do you get FREE yarn. How do I become a designer who gets free yarn. And make enough money to quit working, knit and stay home all the time. It's nice to dream. I need to go, off to shop for shower (bridal type not bathroom type) stuff.

No comments: