Monday, August 15, 2005

Progress on Madil

Here is my work so far. I know I said I probably would not have much time for knitting, but I began the right front of the sweater this morning. It goes so fast, I have finished the cable bottom and have several dozen rows of stockinette stitch to go. I hope the sweater fits in my armpits. I have adjusted the size to be wider and longer for me but have made no changes to the arm hole shaping or the width of the sleeves. Hopefully that won't be a problem. Once I finish this side of the from, I am going to kind of stitch it together to try it on and see how it will fit around my upper arm. I don't want it to end up being to full and uncomfortable in my armpit. It was easy to add length and width because it didn't require any complicated changes, but I am not at all confidant on making actual changes to something that has odd decreases. But I may have to tear out and learn how. We'll see.


Completed back of Madil sweater. It looks done, but I just hid all the loose ends underneath it. I'll get to those later. Posted by Picasa


Progress on right front of Madil. Posted by Picasa


Right side and completed back of Madil sweater Posted by Picasa

No comments: