Monday, August 15, 2005

Purse Handles

These are some really neat purse handles I just got this past week while helping pack and move my grandparents. I would like to knit or possibly sew (not something I am very good at) something new for them. Especially the two sort of different ones. I am thinking it needs to be a thin delicate yarn knit on small needles to complement the handles. And nothing too flashy, something understated, let the handles do the talking. I have been thinking some Andean Silk, but think it may still be too thick. Maybe I should get some yarn and dye it myself (something I have really wanted to try) and see how that works. Knit Picks has a cheap fingering weight to be dyed yarn I could get. Tara and I could dye it when she is in town for the wedding. I don't think we'll have anything more pressing. It would be a good distraction from all the mad planning. I am trying not to buy any more yarn. Actually I am trying to not buy anything I don't absolutely need. No clothes, no shoes, no yarn. (I guess I messed up, I bought a pair of Chaco's (the best sandals ever) yesterday, they were on sale!!) But the knit picks is like 3 or 4 dollars. Worth it!!

I just went to set up the links above, and Knit Picks has added so many delicious colors in Andean Silk and Wool of the Andes. These yarns are so affordable and fabulous, this was a bad discovery.


Four antique purse handles given to me by my grandmother Moner. The 2nd from the left and the last are my favorite two. I have been pondering options for them. Posted by Picasa


Purse Handle (open) Posted by Picasa


Purse Handle (open). It has the remnants of a purse still attached to the bottom. Posted by Picasa

No comments: