Saturday, January 21, 2006

I may have spent too much!!

I just made what I believe to be my single largest yarn purchase so far. About $100 worth. It came to $98 and some change I think.

I bought the yarn for the Cabled Riding Jacket from Loop D Loop. That is the official name, I think I have called it one hundred other names and never the correct name.


I also bought the yarn to make Kyle a pair of slippers (same style as mine) but with his huge size 13 feet, it took a lot of yarn.

I bought the yarn to make my mom a pair also. She went for the purple and red. She is so crazy for the Red Hat stuff (as previously mentioned!).

And finally I bought plenty of yarn to finish off the Ballet T-Shirt (also from Loop D Loop). I can knit about 15-20 rounds per two balls of yarn. I bought four more balls. It better be enough.

If I figure in the gift certificate from my brother and the cash from my mother-in-law, I only spent $22. Not so bad for the plethora of projects I will make. I have faith in myself to do it all.

The problem... I went through all my yarn because one of the colors mom picked for her slippers is the same color I used on mine and I thought I had enough to save on buying too much. So I came across ALL this yarn. I have loads. A lot of small amts, but I need to use that up too!

Kyle wants to get back online to look at fishing stuff, so I need to go and let him back to it!

Good Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe mom wants slippers in the red hat lady colors. She needs to regain some control over herself! I was wishing for my pink slippers yesterday! My house is so cold, and it was -7 outside this morning. Brrrrrr!!! I went to kickboxing, then went to McDonalds and had a sausage mcmuffin with egg for breakfast. I suck! Oh well, it was delish!