Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Christmas and a Belly

Yea - Today was the day I've been waiting for in my pregnancy. Someone finally asked me if I was pregnant. I don't want to look fat, I want to look pregnant. And seeing as the weight gain has been slow and pretty much all in my belly, I think most people either had no idea or if they had an inkling, they were reluctant to ask. Anyways, the owner of the local deli that Kyle and I frequent (enough that they know what we get) asked me if I was pregnant. Woo-Hoo. So to celebrate I took a picture of myself in my new shirt.


I am very pleased with the previous seasons trend... all those big A-line and flowy shirts. Because now all that stuff is on clearance and I am swooping in and buying bunches of non-maternity stuff that will fit a great big ol' preggers belly. This shirt is one of them. I also bought a cute brown and grey striped sweater. Both for $8 apiece, you can't beat that!!



Then tonight, Kyle got busy with the X-Mas decorations. We decided to prevent the dog from being tempted, the trees would go on the piano. Kyle put the lights on and took them off about 10 times before he got them right. Not because he is anal and they did not look right, but because he had two strands and was trying to make them stretch across all three trees. Then I put ornaments on. It was fun and enjoyable!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I have a little one and the whole experience has been such a joy. I remember hoping I looked pregnant, not just fat. I also remember when those great a-line shirts stopped fitting. I got really huge (55+ pounds put on before meeting my darling.)
Your sister was good friends with my sister in Anchorage.
Happy holidays!

Tara said...

KAPOW!

Anonymous said...

Cute short hair and even cuter belly starting :)