Friday, December 21, 2007

Quickie

I know I should be working on the Tilted Duster. Or the slippers. Or at least the Cabled Riding Jacket. But no, I cast on for a new quickie project today.

I am making the Umbilical Cord Hat from the first Stitch 'n Bitch. It is for a friend who is having her baby on the 27th (planned c-section). So I want to knock it out real quick before baby arrives. It is coming along really cute, I am making it out of Main Line from Knitpicks.com in Cocoa and Butter Pecan, mmmmm sounds like a cookie.



So I put in this cute little stripe business near the bottom edge of the hat. It was the only color accent I was going to add. But the more I think about it, I think it might be cute to have the same pattern sequence on the I-cord top of the hat. However, that part will be tied off in a little knot. So I'm not sure if it would be so cute. Opinions?

On another subject, I think I need to knit this. My nose if FREEZING!! I just turned on the heater, but I prefer not to run if it I don't have to. But my nose gets so cold I can't stand it. The dog curls up in her bed and buries her nose. Here is a funny picture of the cat covering her nose.



However the picture is a lie. Trout is not covering her nose because it is cold, instead she is covering it because it smells really bad. When we refinished the floor in the bedroom, Trout could not stand the smell so she tucked her nose under her tail. Funny stuff, she spent the whole day like this. It was March, so it may have been chilly, so maybe she was doing this for two reasons.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I say no stripe pattern on the "umbilical cord". Go with brown, it will be much more subtle and look classier. And then make one for Aidan :)