Monday, December 03, 2007

Knitting going on.



I have been working on the sweater quite a bit. I slowed down some, as the semester is winding down, so I need to keep my focus there for the next few weeks. But I have also become very busy on a secret (only to Kyle) slipper project for him for Christmas. He has taken to wearing my slippers all the time and begun complaining about how I promised him a pair about two years ago. I bought the yarn and made the promise at the same time as the cabled riding jacket purchase.



Speaking of, the cabled riding jacket is ridiculously close to completion. I started working on it again in hopes of hurrying the yarn along for the Tilted Duster. It did not work as well as I had hoped, but the yarn did come eventually. So for the Cabled Riding Jacket, I have one full sleeve and probably about a quarter of the second sleeve complete. All I need is to finish the second sleeve and collar. Wow... so close, but the project has taken the back seat. I just don't think I'd really be able to wear it during the pregnancy so I want to finish the Tilted Duster. Once done, I will probably be consumed with baby knits. But I WILL FINISH the cabled cardie before next winter. It will be wearable in 2008!!!!!



Now the Tilted Duster, what fun, for awhile. I was really enjoying it, the pieces were odd and interesting to knit because they were unique. Then I got to the 18" of 2X2 ribbing. Not that there isn't an element of interest here as well. There are gussets (I guess that is what you would call them, I don't know what the pattern calls them) at the sides of the "skirt". The pattern refers to the bottom portion of the sweater as the skirt, I also don't know if this is a term I should know, but I don't... at least not in reference to sweaters. However, I am not all that well versed in clothing vocabulary! So I took some fall pictures of the Tilted Duster today, I am half way through the skirt portion and hope to finish the sweater by the end of this year!! A little tiny part of me wants to stop working on the skirt portion and work on the collar. Then it would have a more finished look. Without the collar, the sweater looks a little odd. To me, at least.



We are having hectic times around our house. Kokanee (the dog) likes to get into trouble. We crate her when we aren't home and at night to minimize her trouble making. We are not always successful, she has broken through our fence to play at the neighbors twice. She has escaped her (old) crate once, and while out she ate through our comforter and cover and spread a trash can across the living room. There had not been any problems for awhile, then she pulled our current comforter into the slits in her crate and ate the corner. This one happens to be our feather quilt. Opps, I came home to feathers EVERYWHERE. I still have not fixed it, but rolled the corner up into itself and clamped about 10 clothes pins on it to contain the insides. Then Kokanee found that she likes the clothes pins and goes by and plucks one off to eat when the mood strikes her. I am so fearful of bringing a baby home to her, but had a book recommended by our trainer (we go to class every Sat. for 8 weeks... 2 left until graduation). We'll see how she does... but I'm nervous!



Alright, I really need to go, there is this fascinating chapter I need to read on non-taxable property transactions for class tonight. Doesn't that sound interesting!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, that was long. What's on that duster sweater? Place holders? It looks weird. Anyway, keep up the updates :)

Rhiannon said...

It is sprinkled with fall leaves. I didn't realize it was not obvious.

Anonymous said...

I saw the leaves ;) Kokanee sounds as much like Kelba as she looks! Our bluetick coonhound Kelba has learned to climb the fence AGAIN (we put barbed wire up on the top and she stopped for a long time - but now she found a place we missed) and was running within earshot for an entire week not coming home. She finally sheepishly did come home and Daddy kept her in the garage for a few nights to see if that would get her attention. Good luck with the chewing problem though - we don't have that part.

Great yarn ball toss picture! You're making wonderful progress on that complicated sweater.